Animoto Show

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SL and Gaia

So now I'm on Second Life, my name is Pookie Quicksand, and I can bungle my way through worlds that do not include school assignments or household chores.  I can walk, sit, teleport, and fly (short distances).  I don't have access to cool places like Visit Mexico, but I have been to Althekra, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (just for a quick look around).  SL strains my computer and runs very slowly, but at least I can say I've been there.  The interactivity is amazing, but I need more convincing for educational applications.

I'm also on Gaia, my name is SergeiDude, and I have the spikiest yellow hair thanks to my son Sergei's help.  I earned coins simply by exploring, and I won a few coins at the Gold Mountain casino.  I played some games like Word Bump, and Electic Love Faktori, but I had to stop because my family wanted me back (they wanted dinner actually, I'm the feeder).  This was easier than SL, made me think of middle school.  It's a lovely diversion from real life, but a stretch to connect it with school as it exists today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My "Library" Blogroll

Just For Fun, Jigsaw Puzzle